- Curl - Open source tool for transferring files via FTP, HTTP and various other web protocols.
Own description: "curl is a command line tool for transferring data with URL syntax, supporting DICT, FILE, FTP, FTPS, Gopher, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, IMAPS, LDAP, LDAPS, POP3, POP3S, RTMP, RTSP, SCP, SFTP, SMTP, SMTPS, Telnet and TFTP. curl supports HTTPS certificates, HTTP..."
- LightTPD - Open source, light footprint webserver.
Own description: "Home - Lighttpd - fly light"
- Nginx - Engine X - Open source HTTP and mail proxy server by Igor Sysoev.
Own description: "nginx news"
- Wget - Open source GNU command line tool to retrieve files using HTTP, HTTPS and FTP.
Own description: "GNU Wget"
- Boa - Open source high performance web server.
Own description: "Boa Webserver"
- LiveHTTPHeaders - Firefox extension for viewing HTTP headers.
Own description: "mozdev.org - livehttpheaders: index"
- Mini HTTP Server - A few web-development tools.
Own description: "Small business web hosting offering additional business services such as: domain name registrations, email accounts, web services, FrontPage help, online community resources and various small business solutions."
- HTTPManifold - Open source tool for redistribution, monitoring and debugging of HTTP traffic, by Adam Lane.
Own description: "A web server that transparently funnels traffic through a single IP address for multiple domains and servers, and logs the process."
- HTTP Lint - HTTP header checker.
Own description: "HTTP Lint"
- Website Monitoring Tool - by Pro Data Doctor.
Own description: "Website monitoring software monitors uptime downtime status on internet, watch web sites performance, website checking tool analyze multiple web pages on remote and local laptop desktop system, provide 24/7 monitoring services to business owners, send ..."
Our book recommendation at Amazon: