- Computer Emergency Response Center, CERT - Reporting center for Internet security problems.
Own description: "A leader in cybersecurity, the CERT Program develops security solutions to relevant network, computer, and internet security problems and contributes to national security efforts."
- Slashdot - IT related news.
Own description: "Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters"
- InformIT - Lots of IT related articles.
Own description: "Resources from the authors, creators, innovators, & leaders of technology - home to leading publishers Addison-Wesley Professional, Prentice Hall Professional, & Sams."
- National Security Agency
Own description: "National Security Agency/Central Security Service Public Information"
- SANS Institute - Security training and certification.
Own description: "Computer security training, certification and free resources. We specialize in computer/network security, digital forensics, application security and IT audit."
- SecurityFocus - Articles no computer security.
Own description: "SecurityFocus is designed to facilitate discussion on computer security related topics, create computer security awareness, and to provide the Internet's largest and most comprehensive database of computer security knowledge and resources to the p..."
- Encyclopedia of Computer Security
Own description: "The latest In-depth product reviews, buyerâ€™s guides, product comparisons, news, market analysis, whitepapers, and other information on IT security."
- Gibson Research - Information on computer security, and some tools to check for security holes.
Own description: "Steve Gibson's and Gibson Research Corporation's Web homepage."
- Open Source Vulnerability Database - Collection of vulnerability information.
Own description: "OSVDB: The Open Source Vulnerability Database"
- Security Space - Information, reports and services related to network security by E-Soft.
- Cigital Labs - Research and consulting lab for software quality.
Own description: "Cigital"
Our book recommendation at Amazon: